Shimmery Butterflies

, , 14 comments



Using the Moxie Fab World trigger
and Just Us Girls colour combo of hot pink, orange and lime green and CAS sketch CFC49.

I had loads of fun with this one!  Using a piece of oven liner (this has a non-stick surface) I sprayed the yellow and pink inks and daubed on shimmer paint.  Then I laid a piece of white card on top of the splattery mess to colour the card.  It often is rather wet at this stage, so a good tip is to roll a whole roll of kitchen roll over the top to soak up any excess.  The finished card has a pink/orange/shimmery effect (doesn't quite come across in the photo, but it looks lovely honest!).  I then used the Butterfly Wings Embosslits.


Thanks for popping by! 



SU card: Whisper White
SU ink:  Daffodil Delight, Regal Rose
SU stamps: Everything Eleanor
SU other: Beautiful Wings Embosslits, Champagne Mist

   

14 comments:

  1. Ohhh, pretty effect. TFS! Love how your card came out, I have to get busy on this Tues Trigger, it is such a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty, love the way your butterflies turned out! And the flourishes look wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your butterflies! Gorgeous design! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great effect on the butterflies! And I love the leafy swirl too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours on the butterflies! Beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your inventive coloring! The effect is quite beautiful and eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this-clean and simple take on the Trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh O just love this!1 Way to accomplish 2 challenges! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is striking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your V.I.P. win at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Lindsey! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful card. Looks like you won several challenges with it. I can certainly see why! Traci

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab technique - thanks for sharing - turned out great too!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I do appreciate it!