CASology

CAS card, bird



Guess what?! Following my win (yippee!) for week 2 over at CASology they invited me to be a guest designer this week. Here's my card. Not too hard to guess the cue word!




When designing my cards, I always think about where I place the different elements. Have a play moving them around; they will definitely look better in some places than others. The eye automatically goes to the large and dark elements first, then follows 'lines' of pattern or images around the card. For example, in my card, the eye travels from the dark bird to the light bird & again from the dark heart to the light heart & then along the twine from one side to the other.

A light coloured bird on its own is not dark/bold enough to attract the eye.


Whereas a dark bird on its own attracts the eye well.


Design rule of thirds

The "Rule of Thirds" is also helpful. Divide the area into thirds vertically and horizontally. The eye is naturally drawn to where the lines intersect. Using the lines of twine, I've kept movement along the bottom third of the card with the 2 birds placed more or less at the intersection points.

Thanks for popping by!
SU ink: Crumb Cake
SU card: Whisper White, Crumb Cake
SU punch: Bird Builder
SU other: Linen thread, Embossing Folder Lattice





6 comments

  1. Congrats on your CAS-ology win. Your design this week is really great. Love those dark and light birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only do we get an amazing card idea from you, we get a great lesson as well! Thank you so much for both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card, lindsey!! so happy to have you as guest designer this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorably sweet card, Lindsey!
    Congrats, on your CASolgy win and guest design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You left a comment on a pin that looks very much like your card. I am sorry that you did not get credit for it. I am not hello stamper. This was just on the pin. As you can guess, I really liked your design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I do appreciate it!