Golden Butterfly

Stampin Up Butterfly Basics

 

 

Using SketchFrenzyFriday and ColorMyHeart wants black, white & gold.

 

 

 

The collage style stamps in the Butterfly Basics set are fab for layering and making backgrounds. All the black patterned papers I have in my stash felt too harsh, so I stamped away with some black and gold inks to make my own patterned paper:

 

 

 

The golden die cut butterfly has been fluttering (poor pun, sorry!) around my crafting desk for weeks. It was a little too brash for my liking; a vellum die cut has toned it done nicely! I'm therefore fluttering over to Di's playground of snippets with my card.

 

 


 

 

 

 

8 comments

  1. Absolutely beautiful card Lindsey! Love how you stamped your own background - and the vellum works a treat on the butterfly. I need to dig mine out for a play soon. And thank you for your sweet words in your comment too!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO pretty. Love your Butterfly Basic cards. +SIGH+ another one to CASE!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you toned down the butterfly with vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ~ love the layered butterfly and your own stamped paper. Thank you for playing along with us this week on Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Love how you have a touch of black. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, love how you toned down the gold butterfly & made your own background. Thanks for creating with us over at Sketch Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello and good morning! I really like his work is clean and beautiful! I have only one question what are the measurements of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super Butterfly card. Love the gold with the vellum. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I do appreciate it!